Designed for beginner to intermediate level users of ACL™, this four-day course introduces you to ACL in an interactive, hands-on learning environment. You will learn key data analysis concepts and the basics of working with ACL software. Examples used in class will illustrate how the software can add value to your audits in the banking and finance industry.
The activities are based on banking and finance audit issues such as risk assessment, control testing, and exposure management. They teach you how to test:
• Loan-to-value ratios for portfolio risk
• Concentration by individual borrower or by location
• Limits on loan amounts and interest rates
The activities also teach you how to rapidly analyse a financial institution’s total exposure by client across a wide range of products.
Financial, Operational, and External Auditors; Information Systems Auditors and Audit Management; prospective ACL users
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Explain the fundamentals of data concepts, ACL basics, and data analysis cycles
• Describe the three stages of data access
• Create tables to access data
• Display and filter data
• Verify data integrity, create expressions, compare data from different files/systems, profile data, and produce data reports
• Employ ACL to add value to audit
Participants should have a basic understanding of Windows. No advance preparation is required.
This is a group-live, instructor-led course in a classroom setting. The class size supports individual attention and development.